When it comes to managing your data and running essential server roles, the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server is worth considering. With its powerful Intel Atom 2.4GHz CPU and 8GB memory, this server is designed to handle tasks like backup, file storage, email servers, and domain controllers. Its high capacity storage of 32TB ensures that you have ample space for all your important files and data.
Owning the Synology RackStation RS1219+ NAS Server can bring a multitude of benefits to your organization. It provides a reliable and efficient solution for storing and accessing files, ensuring that your data is easily accessible when you need it. With its powerful CPU and memory, this server can handle multiple server roles, making it a versatile investment. However, if you don’t own this product, you may face limitations in terms of storage capacity and may need to rely on alternative, less efficient storage options. Additionally, without the Synology DSM operating system and Btrf file system, you may miss out on advanced features and services that can enhance your server performance.
In this review, we’re going to take a deeper look at the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server and explore its key features, advantages, and potential drawbacks. Whether you’re a small business owner or an IT professional, this product has the potential to improve your data management and server performance, so stay tuned for an in-depth analysis.
How the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server Works
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server is a powerful and versatile storage solution designed for various server roles such as iSCSI targets backup, file storage, email servers, and domain controllers. Its Intel Atom C2538 Quad-Core 2.4GHz 2MB CPU and 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Memory ensure efficient performance and seamless multitasking. With its 32TB (8 x 4TB) 7.2K 6Gb/s SATA 3.5″ HDDs, it offers high capacity storage to meet your growing data needs.
Flexible Features for Enhanced Functionality
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ comes with a range of features that enhance its functionality:
- Btrf File System for Advanced LUN iSCSI Service: This innovative file system ensures efficient data management and protection, allowing you to efficiently allocate storage space and provide advanced snapshots, replication, and data integrity.
- 4 x RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port with Link Aggregation / Failover Support: These LAN ports provide fast and reliable network connectivity, allowing for high-speed data transfers and seamless failover protection.
- 2 x USB 3.0 Port and 1 x eSATA Port: With these ports, you can easily connect external devices such as additional storage drives or printers, expanding the capabilities of your Synology NAS server.
Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server Uses
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ offers a wide range of uses, making it suitable for various scenarios. Here are a few examples:
Centralized File Storage
With its large storage capacity, the RS1219+ is perfect for businesses or individuals who require centralized file storage. Whether you’re a small business looking to store and share important documents or a photographer needing to keep your vast collection of high-resolution images organized, the RS1219+ provides a reliable and accessible solution.
Backing up your data is crucial to ensure its safety and protect against data loss. The RS1219+ can serve as a reliable backup solution, allowing you to schedule automatic backups of your important files and folders. With its RAID configuration and redundancy options, you can rest assured that your data is protected.
For businesses that require a virtualization platform, the RS1219+ can act as a solid foundation. Its powerful Intel Atom CPU and ample memory allow for smooth operation of virtual machines, enabling businesses to consolidate their IT infrastructure and reduce costs.
|CPU||Intel Atom C2538 Quad-Core 2.4GHz 2MB|
|Memory||8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz|
|Storage||32TB (8 x 4TB) 7.2K 6Gb/s SATA 3.5″ HDDs|
|LAN Port||4 x RJ-45 1GbE with Link Aggregation / Failover support|
|USB Port||2 x USB 3.0|
|eSATA Port||1 x eSATA|
|Operating System||Synology DSM Software|
|Installation||Hard drives and memory upgrades included separately|
Who Is the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server For
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ is suitable for a wide range of users, including:
- Small to medium-sized businesses in need of centralized file storage, robust backup solutions, or virtualization platforms.
- Photographers, video editors, and other creative professionals requiring a high-capacity storage solution for their large media files.
- IT enthusiasts and professionals looking to build their own home server for personal use or learning purposes.
Pros and Cons
- High capacity and expandability options with 32TB storage and USB/eSATA ports for additional external drives.
- Powerful Intel Atom CPU for efficient performance.
- Versatile uses, including centralized file storage, backups, and virtualization.
- Requires additional installation of hard drives and memory upgrades.
- May be overwhelming for beginners unfamiliar with NAS setup and configuration.
Does the Synology RackStation RS1219+ come with hard drives?
- No, the hard drives and memory upgrades are included separately and require installation.
Can I use the RS1219+ as a backup solution for my Mac?
- Yes, the RS1219+ is compatible with various operating systems, including macOS, and can be used as a backup solution for your Mac.
Can I expand the storage capacity of the RS1219+ in the future?
- Yes, the RS1219+ offers expandable storage options through its USB and eSATA ports, allowing you to connect additional external drives.
What Customers Say About the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server
Customers who have used the Synology RackStation RS1219+ have praised its performance, flexibility, and ease of use. Many have highlighted its ability to handle multiple server roles effectively, making it a popular choice for businesses and individuals alike. The comprehensive DSM Software has also received positive feedback for its user-friendly interface and feature-rich capabilities.
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server offers excellent value for individuals and businesses in need of reliable and versatile storage solutions. With its high capacity storage, powerful CPU, and extensive features, it caters to a wide range of needs. While it may require some installation and configuration, the RS1219+ provides a robust and scalable solution that delivers on performance.
Tips and Tricks For Best Results
To get the best results from your Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server, consider the following tips:
- Familiarize yourself with the Synology DSM Software to leverage its full range of features and customization options.
- Regularly update the software and firmware to ensure optimal performance and security.
- Utilize the built-in backup and replication features to protect your valuable data.
- Take advantage of the expandable storage options through USB and eSATA ports for future scalability.
In conclusion, the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server is a feature-rich and highly capable storage solution that caters to the needs of businesses and individuals alike. Its powerful Intel Atom CPU, ample storage capacity, and versatile features make it an excellent choice for centralized file storage, backups, and virtualization. While it may require some initial installation and configuration, the RS1219+ delivers exceptional value and performance, making it a worthwhile investment for your storage needs.
The Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server is a powerful storage solution designed for various server roles, offering 32TB of high-capacity storage, a powerful Intel Atom CPU, and a range of features for efficient data management.
We highly recommend the Synology RackStation RS1219+ iSCSI NAS Server for individuals and businesses in need of reliable and scalable storage solutions. Its performance, flexibility, and extensive features make it a valuable asset for centralized file storage, backups, and virtualization. While it may require some initial setup, the RS1219+ delivers exceptional value and functionality.